If you are interested in volunteering at Griffin Elementary, please contact Kristi Lampp 863-853-6020 ext. 456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day
Title I Overview
Components of TITLE I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Profession Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. he goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way give the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Section 1118 of the ESEA statute defines parental involvement as the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring—
- that parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
- that parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school;
- that parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child; and
- that other activities are carried out, such as those described in section 1118 of the ESEA
(Parental Involvement). [Section 9101(32), ESEA.]
Studies have found that students with involved parents, no matter what their income or background, are more likely to—
- Earn high grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs;
- Pass their classes, earn credits, and be promoted;
- Attend school regularly; and
- Graduate and go on to postsecondary education.
Useful Links and Resources
The District Title One office has now developed the Parent Involvement
webpage on the PCSB website. Please go to the web address to find helpful
resources for parents!
- Link to Title 1 page
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan a plan that helps parents have more information about parent involvement on the district level.
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary a summary of the Parent Involvement Plan—shorter version of the more detailed plan.
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary (Spanish)
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary (Haitian-Creole)
- Parent Guide https://polkschoolsfl.com/wp-content/uploads/mainsite/PCPSParentGuide2017-18.pdf
- Parent and Family Engagment Plan 2018-2019 English/Spanish
- Code of Conduct
- Compact English/Spanish 2018-2019
- Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) Letter
- Parent Center:
- Parent University:
- School Public Accountability Report
- Right To Know 2018-1019 a letter to all parents describing the Annual Yearly Progress of Elbert Elementary school based on last year’s FCAT data; this letter explains how our students scored on the FCAT compared to the district and state averages; this letter also describes the steps that are being taken to make improvements at the school and ways that parents can help their children at home.